LR Cycled Already?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gregp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've recently bought 40lbs of LR and put in my quarantine tank. (Which
water was taken directly from my 75g) I've done a few water changes and my ammonia and nitrites are both reading 0. I've only had the rock in since last Friday, is it posibble the rock has already cycled?

If you bought the rock at a LFS or if it was shipped fast it is very possible. Without much time out of water there will be minimal die off and little need for curing.

It was shipped next day air, and I received it at 12:00pm. So, I'm good putting in my main tank?

There wasn't much die off at all. I've got a bunch of green coraline on it right now too.

Well I bought it cured, but there was still obviously some die off when I received it. Still have to brush it again because there is still a few black patches on a few pieces, but still no ammonia or nitrites. Kinda weird.

Not weird, thats whay you bought cured so you would not have to wait a month + for it to cure. Do not rush, keep an eye on it for another week and the move it to the tank a little at a time. No need to rush now... I would not worry to much about cleaning the lr if you have a clean up crew thats what there for.

Back
Top Bottom