Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-03-2003, 02:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jamal-188
LR from Liverocks.com help me out quick!?

There was a problem with the delivery company. Liverocks.com sent my order last thursday for delivery friday and it never came. Zack took care of the problem and is sending me a fresh batch this week but said I could try and cure the rock if it comes today. So...

Should I do anything special because it was sent thursday so everything is probably dead by now? Should I just rinse it good and put it in a sperate garbage can or mix it with the new stuff to cure when it comes wednesday?

BTW, this is in no way the fault of liverocks.com. Zack sent the order out and the shipping company must have misplaced it or something. Zack was very helpful and made sure to take care of everything in a very timely manner

Old 11-03-2003, 03:22 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just got the rock, put it in my garbage can w/ 4inches of sand etc...

Well everything is not dead, found this little guy when I was transferring it over. I'm assuming he isn't reef safe? Will he be ok with othercrabs/inverts so I can keep him until I get corals?

Old 11-03-2003, 03:44 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Expect to have some significant dieoff from the rock. Its a bummer about the shipping company. Its really cool that liverocks.com is shipping out you more rock, at their expense I suspect.

I would cure the rock you just got and the next shippment of rock in different containers. The reason is that its very possible the ammonia levels on the current rock could reach levels far above 3.0ppm while the second batch should have less dieoff.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 04:42 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks for the advice, I think that's what I"ll do.

Zack from liverocks said they insure alll there packages in case something like this happens so hopefully they are not stuck with the bill because it really wasn't there fault either. I"m not glad this happened but it turns out to be a better deal for me, 80lbs for the price of 40lbs beside the fact that I'm sure a lot of the first 40lbs will die off.

Tags
ick, live, rock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Sand | salt »