LS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nodoubt471

Aquarium Advice Freak
i bought LS this morning for my new nano, and ended up not using all of it. i dont want to waste it, it is ok to add it to my established 46G?

I wouldn't add it to an established tank but that's just me.

If its a small amount of sand it should be ok. The reason atari is hesitant is the preception that the sand is causing an ammonia rise in the nano and wanting to minimize the chance for an ammonia spike in the established tank by adding sand that is experencing dieoff.

Yes, sorry I didn't see the question..

Another reason is I'm a firm believer in not fixing things that aren't broken. I know you're not trying to fix it but my point is that if the established tank is doing well then it's a good idea to just leave it be. At best, nothing will happen. At worst, an ammonia spike.. introducing something nasty in the sand.. who knows.. doesn't really seem worth the risk to me.

i say add it to your tank. your sand bed could probly use the extra life.best bet is to check your water conditions for awhile after you add it so if something starts to spike you can do a fast water change

How much is left over and how much is in yout main tank already? If it's a few 5ish pounds then I would add it with a PVC tube onto the floor small amounts at a time.. Thats just me.

Talk to quarryshark if you don't believe bad things can happen from adding LS to an established system.

Back
Top Bottom