LS level for watchman goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

No_Name

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got a watchman goby this weekend. And notice it starting digging hole everywhere lol kind of funny to watch. I only got 1' LS and I read they like a deeper layer.

So the question is will my 1' deep sand enough for him?

If not can I just go buy more LS and add on top of the current layer?

I think it should be enough but if he is anything like my diamond goby you will end up with spots that are almost bare because he will pile the sand up around his favorite hole.

Yes he a diamond goby, and don't know is it bare or not but base on the sand he piled up i think so since the pile look like more then 1' high lol

Yes he a diamond goby, and don't know is it bare or not but base on the sand he piled up i think so since the pile look like more then 1' high lol

Mine actually found all the left over Crushed coral I had in the tank and made a pile of it on one of my live rocks. This is probably the coolest fish I have to watch and he found all the CC I missed;)

In our tank it is about 1.5 with some spots that are 3 inches give or take .. he seems fine with that level :D

Thank you. But to my second question above, if i do want to make it deeper can I just add a 1 or 2 on top of my current bed? Or do I need to take everything out and mix all the sand up first?

Yep just add it as capt said just be prepaired for diatioms that are likely to follow as they populate :D

I would add it in stages, adding no mor than a 1/2" on top of an established bed per week. You don't want to bury your beneficial bacteria creating a die off.

My sand is anywhere between 1 to 2 inches and I have had a pink spotted goby for about 8 yrs. He`s done pretty good with that. Mine sifts but not alot. Not like my bullet goby.

Back
Top Bottom