lta help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarOrks15

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok so i have had this lta for about a month now and when i first got him the lady was not very nice about getting him off the rock. she might have hurt his foot. i put him in the tank and he found a spot on the rock and stayed there for a few days. then he kind of fell off the rock. i left him becasue i know he will find a good spot to live. well now his foot still dose not hold on to tany thing. but he was looking good. his mouth was open most of the time ebut he was full and very good looking. utill yesterday. he looked like ****. here are some pics of him. today he looks the same. do i just remove him or just wate it out. all levels in the tank are to the point they need to be at. all 0 ph is at 8.2 and sg is at 35 ppm. he was eating very well and nothing bothers him. unless he is eating his silverside. then the cleaner shrimp trys to get some. but other then that he was doing well. need your help. thanks

Have you tried feeding it? Did it eat before and now has no appitite? Does the foot look injured, torn anywhere?

well this is the first anemone i ahve had so i dont know what it is to look like. last time i gave it some silverside was about 2 weeks ago. i would try again but it just dose not look like it can take food. i will try to find a pic i took of it foot. and if the internet will let me i will past it. the dsl has been comeing and going the past few days. some day i cant connect to the site at all.

It seems like her (lfs) fault. I would give a call to the lfs and see if they will return him, or if your bound to to nurse him back, give you a credit if he doesn't make it.

the only other thing I can think of is lighting. I have never had a lta before but most say 5 to 7 watts per gal of MH is best. Seems like you may have sufficiant lighting though. Just a thought. Let us know how it goes...Lando

well i think i might be on the low end of the lighting too. but i think it was the lady at the lfs i got it at. here is an updated pic. taken just a few min ago. i think it is time to take it out of the tank. i called them and they said they would not take it back becasue they only have a 24 houre deal.

well the time has come to take it out of the tank. i did take some pic of it just before i removed it. there was not a swarm of hermit yet. but it foot had turned inside out and that is all the stuff you see. all of the tentical were in side it and the skin was kind of falling apart. i could not look at it any more. so i took it out and now i am going to do a big water change just in case it left some chemical behide. and run some more gac. the tank has a haze in it from the pistol shrimp and the goby the are still digging up the sand.

Sorry. Good call on the water change and watch your levels over the next couple of days. I was jut at A Wet Pet in Apple Valley and they have a couple nice looking Rose BTA for $59.00. They are small but look good. There, they do not take them off of the rock. If you want an anenome, you buy the rock it is on as well. They do not want to damage the animal. I got one from there several months ago and it is doing great. Just a thought. Lando

how fast do they grow? well i am hopeing that i can get this job at world of fish and then get one for a lot cheaper. but ya i have seen some that were really small but i think i just might have to get a smaller one and let it grow.

Mine has not grown much at all. it is about four inches in diameter. I feed it regularly but it has not grown noticabley since I got it.

Back
Top Bottom