"Lunar" Light Compacts question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

runway1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Are these worth the extra money of just a gimmick? The ad says" for the 12 hours in the evening...". Frankly, my fish are fine in the wee might hours.

But, during the later evening when normal humans are viewing, do they look good (moonlight-like??) for viewing? TIA

Teh moonlight is really only for your pleasure only. It does look real neat at night though! They are not real bright but you can see OK in the tank.

I am using a 24in 2-65w fixture(coralife lunar). 1 10,000w and 1 acintic. This is a neew fixture for me that I got tue from LFS for my 28 gal bowfront

I got the coralife lunarlight with the leds from Darin at Captivereefs. I love them. The nightlights are really cool looking.

I just ordered one of those.I got the 192W 36" aqua lunar light for my new 46g bow front.The best price i found for the 36" for was $189.00 with S/H from www.bigalsonline.com The LFS around my area wanted 350.00 to 400.00 for the same light!!! man what a deal :fadein:

Are you sure the lunar aqualight was $189.99 shipped that seems extremly low?

yea darin 189.99 with S/H that is a low price.I ordered it on the 18 of jan but due to the high demand i had to wait till today jan 31st to get it still wating for the ups man :( :( :(
tony

I bought the Coralife Lunar Aqualight Deluxe Series-36" (2X96W) with 2- 3/4W Blue-Moon-Glow LED Lamps for $177.99 (189.94 with shipping, and cause I had a few more items) from Bigalsonline.com for my 46 gal bow front. It comes with bulbs, 1 Coralife 96 Watt 10,000K Power Compact Lamp and 1 Coralife 96 Watt Power Compact True Actinic Lamp and works great. The length is a little short on the tank but nothing to make a big difference it can be placed on top as is and if you really want you can buy Coralife Aqualight Plus Suspension Hardware Hanging Device (http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=31560;category_id=2543) or Coralife Aqualight Adjustable Mounting Legs (http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=31563;category_id=2543) or Coralife Aqualight Mounting Legs
(http://www.bigalsonline.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=23927;category_id=2543). It is an all around great product and hopefully you can get lucky enough you can get at a great price.

For overall ordering I would definitely go with Darin at CaptiveReefs.com for whatever you buy. I'll pay a little more for customer service any day - and he definitely loves to hear my rambling ;) What I like about a small sized/one man op is that a simple phone call can turn into a 30 minute convo on future upgrades, current setups, past experiences, how the market is doing, and general chit-chat. That's something you don't get with large vendors. He keeps my business! :)

Back
Top Bottom