Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Jonathan G.
Lunar Tracker?

Just wondering if anyone here has used the lunar tracker, i was thinking about getting a set of moonlights and this after i get my retrofit hooked up. the company has a webite but also sells them on ebay... here are the urls. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MEWA:IT here is there website www.thelebos.com

Old 03-07-2005, 04:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sounds cool.

Would you really want to have your corals or anemones spawn in your tank. Depending on your tank size, spawning can cause your water to degrade fast and cause massive issues.

I'm just paranoid because I got a nano tank

klam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 05:18 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

That was the negative feedback I'd heard about that kind of thing. Spawning in your tank could create quite a bit of havoc.

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:55 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Jonathan G.
is that what this does cause really all i want is a good set of moonlights.... u think i should just go with a string of moonlights and leave out the lunar tracker? I think i need more input on this product cause i want to know if this encourages spawning or just a really good set of moonlights.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:31 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

If you are worried about spawning, buy the simple moonlight set without the timer unit. I have bought the moonlight DIY products from this place, and when I put them together it worked great. I think that spawining is fine in an aquarium, if you have proper filtration it should be nothing unless the tank is a nano or really small. The other option for moon lights that I have done is to buy a packet of 20 LED's off of eBay and wire them with resistors from Radio Shack and a power adapter from a cell phone. If you really want detailed instructions, you can buy them form the Lunar Tracker site. Good luck! Moon Lights are Great!

Tags
lunar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com