Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
MACNA XIX in Pittsburgh PA Sept 14-16 2007

The MACNA in TX for 2006 is not even finshed and people like myselves are making plans to addent the 2007 event. My attendance/participation at the 2005 MACNA left a hole that only another MACNA event can fill. http://www.macna2007.com

For all those whom have never been to a MACNA event (Marine Aquarium Conference of North America) I have to say you have no idea what your missing. Im sure we will get feedback on this post by past MACNA attendees that will tell you if you ever have the chance to go you should as you will be missing out on far more than you can imagen if you do not attend.

Three days of speakers and workshops. Ability to see all kinds of products on the market or those yet to be released in the vendor exhibit hall. Chances at winning hundreds of $ of products/promotions in the event raffle.

Early registration will buy you the cheapest event pass as low as $75.00 and the hotel stay at $109/night has to be one of the lowest MACNA hotel fees in a long time.

Register early to bring in the savings.

Until 9/30/06 $75.00
10/1/06 Until 12/31/06 $100.00
1/1/07 Until 5/31/07 $125.00
After 6/1/07 Until MACNA $150.00

Visit the offical MACNA XIX website for additional details and to register for the event.

As of the time of this posting the following speakers had signed on to present.

Eric Borneman
Anthony Calfo
Dr. Bruce Carlson
Dr. Stan Dannemiller
Helmut Debelius
Ron Hessing
Kelly Jedlicki
Dr. Sanjay Joshi
Daniel Knop
Dr. Frank Marini
Mike Paletta
Steven Pro
Dr. Ron Shimek
Dr. Rob Toonen

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

How cool!

Can you post the official website for MACNA? Nothing is showing up yet on the Pittsburgh convention center schedule, if that's where it will be.

An t-iasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:15 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I don't see anything posted for 2007 yet, either. But I am planning on going for my first time!! Website would be appreciated....
Old 09-24-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

I clicked on the new banner at the top of this page and got this site: http://www.macna2007.com/home.htm

It's in the Monroeville Expo Mart (eastern suburbs) and not the downtown convention center:
http://www.pghexpomart.com/

On the "Driving Tips" paragraph, Pittsburgh is easily accessible from I-70 and I-80 but that's too far away to stay. If you can't get into the Radisson in Monroeville try another hotel in Monroeville or along the turnpike (I-76).

An t-iasg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:08 PM   #5
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
I will be planning on attending for sure. You can also get to the site by going to macnaxix.com (I think they said they registered about 4 domain names). Pictures so far of the ExpoMart look really nice!

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

In addition to the speakers listed above, Adam Blundell, Sarah Lardizabal, and Dr. Catherine McFadden have agreed to present.

Also, be sure to buy your registration soon to take advantage of the price breaks. Right now, the full ticket with access to the trade show, all the speakers, workshops, Friday night reception, and Saturday banquet is only $100! But, as of the 1st of the year, that price will go up to $125.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Let me add to the hype.

Aquarium Advice will have a table in the exhibit hall this year. We have obtained a full conference pass that we will be raffling off after the new year. The conference pass does NOT include any travel costs to attend but DOES include admission to all days of the conference as well as the exhibit hall and the infamous evening banquet.

Look for more information in a month or so.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:50 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

I am signed up and have my hotel reserved, I can not wait until next year, will be my first but I already know it will be great
marinelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:48 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

Just a few more days to get in before the registration price goes up.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:49 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Activist

Here is an updated speaker list:

Adam Blundell
Eric Borneman
Anthony Calfo
Dr. Bruce Carlson
Dr. Stan Dannemiller
James Fatherree
Lee Goldman
Ron Hessing
Kelly Jedlicki
Dr. Sanjay Joshi
Daniel Knop
Sarah Lardizabal
Dr. Frank Marini
Dr. Catherine McFadden
Mike Paletta
Steven Pro
Dana Riddle
Dr. Ron Shimek
Dr. Rob Toonen

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com