macro alage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys i have the supplies to build something u just dont know if i should i am thinking about taking from my sump a line going outside on a window edge building a glass box with a lid that could be sealed completley and have macro alage in it but only run it at night so it would be cool and i wouldnt have to worry about gettin my tank to hot have a valve inside at the tank to turn it off so when its on at night it would be coming out of the sump and then back into the sump then to the tank the macro alage would grow really well out in the sun is this a stupid idea

or i could make the tank sit inside the window behind the curtains it would get tons of light still and thrive great then i would not have to worry about heat to much

That would work with a lamp shade would prevent light from shining all over the place at night.

ALRIGHT I JUST WENT TO THE STORAGE ROOM TO FIND IT WE GOT IT ABOUT A YEAR AGO SO I HAD TO FIND IT MY MOM DECIDED NOT TO USE IT I THINK SHE FORGOT ABOUT IT SSSSHHHH LOL OK IT IS A PHILLIPS PLANT LIGHT 75W FLOOD LIGHT DESIGN IT HAS A BLUE COLOR ON THE BULB LOL I LIKE THIS BLUE I THINK I HAVE A NEW FAVORITE COLOR IN MY LIFE ITS SO PRETTY!!!! LOL jk

I think you get the point that for a fuge you really dont need to pay alot for a light system. I`ve seen folks use those clip on dome lights and they did a good job. I have an expensive system on their now but when it goes I`ll be putting something cheap on there.

All I use to light my fuge is a standard screw-in CF bulb. 100w (23w actual power use) not reflector or shade and my macro grows like mad.

cool well i will be ducttaping a light socket above the sump soon lol after i go get a 10 gal tank from walmart for cheap and build a better sump tank instead of just my 5 gallon tank sittin down there with no dividers just three hob filters and two heaters lol hey cant complain its worked so far but i want to upgrade

You were talking about running a line outside on a window ledge, if i understand correctly. If it gets cold were you live you might have issues with the pipe freezing and or it dropping the temp in your tank.

yea i did think about that then i thought about inside the window behind the curtain but i decided against all of it but trust me cold is not a concern here lol i live in alabama southern alabama it snowed this year and i was like wat is this oh my god its cold!!!!! lol!! literaly first time seeing snow lol and now its boiling a few weeks later lol water in the pool is hot before it reaches the pool lol

actually.. i have it in 5 places... 4 spots are to hold up my background.. the other was to hold a down pipe in place in my sump =P

Back
Top Bottom