Macro algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nelix10

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to have more success growing macro algae! I've had chaeto in my sump for a year with no real growth! I have a coil type fluorescent grow light over it!
I have a 30 gal refugium!
I would like it to help with pod population as well as nitrate and phosphate removal!
I am willing to upgrade lighting and Any diy project is always fun!
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So what are people using for lights?

I use a clip on work light and energy saver bulb. But a more intense lighting will grow macro faster. I've read about people using t5ho units and LEDs to grow algae as well. It's really up to you as to what'll work.

I have a clip on LED reef fixture. I think its designed for a nano tank as it has 6 3w bulbs in it. 4 white, 2 blue. I got it in a trade for some other equipment. My cheato growth is out of control. Last night I trimmed out and threw away about a full large ziplock bags worth and I can trim that off each month. When I had a walmart clip on desk lamp with one coil florescent I got no growth and it actually died away to nothing.

Maybe my reef par 38 would work! It has 12 3 watt led's!

I use a par 38 bulb I got at home depot. It's a 21 watt led and only ran me 30 bucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom