Macro Algae Fuge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
So ive always had chaeto in my sump but it never seems to grow. It just stays the same. Today i picked up a fresh delivery of red capilaria algae and rubberband it LR in the sump beside the chaeto. I also added a small pump in the fuge to get more water movement. Does it sound good?
Any success with threse algaes appreciated! Heres a pic.
img_2548675_0_170619a209494c123111f15b29d1da69.jpg

Worth a try. My chaeto always looks the same with no growth. Asked my lfs about it and they said it was growing just twisting and getting thicker. But others on here have said they have to trim theirs once a month or so.

So ive always had chaeto in my sump but it never seems to grow. It just stays the same. Today i picked up a fresh delivery of red capilaria algae and rubberband it LR in the sump beside the chaeto. I also added a small pump in the fuge to get more water movement. Does it sound good?
Any success with threse algaes appreciated! Heres a pic.

I have a ball I trim once a week my light sits right above in my finnex refugium. I'm using a 6500 cfl

Wonder why it wouldn't be growing. You're still trimming it even though it doesn't grow or am I reading that wrong?

Ive researched what kevlin temp to get before i got it. ALOT of different answers with good success. I did also add more water movement by adding that small pump in the fuge. Sorry again, my phone is acting up and keeps sending...must be a button i dont know about.

Wondering if it may be the length of your light cycle. I've had success with my chaeto and I'm running my lamp 18 hrs a day. I'm a novice algae grower at best. Just throwing out ideas.

Back
Top Bottom