Macro Algea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am wanting to buy some macro algea but no one here in my area sells it. Can you tell me if this is any good or not as I found some on Ebay?? I have a 125 and 90 LBS of LR. Also I have 2 false percs, 1 yellow tailed damsel and 1 yellow wrasse. Also about to add a regal tang and a velvet dottieback.
Thanks

By the pic it looks like chaetomorpha which would be a good macro to get. It does not actually specify the species though. I would play it safe and ask the seller the exact species you will be getting. If they cannot or will not guarantee you will get a specific species, I wouldn't buy any.

It also does not specify what quantity you are bidding on.

Cheers
Steve

It does look like chaeto, but not as dense as I'm used to seeing. It doesn't look like the seller has much of an idea of what it is.

I'd be willing to bet you could get a known type from one of the forum members if you post a request in the classified section.

I think I will ask one of the members and be sure of the amt Im getting for sure. Does anyone know the specific name I ask for? I just want some for my regal..

fishman said:
Does anyone know the specific name I ask for?
Just ask them what species they have and we can go from there.

I just want some for my regal..
All well and good but you need to be sure it's not a true culerpa species. They can often be bad for fish health. Nori would do just as well if not better.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom