Mag Float? Do these work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thik the size might depend on the thickness of the glass of the tank. A bigger magnet for thicker glass. I believe they might have a rating, or not...I might have the twister, it comes with a string, but mine doesn't fall ofet, I think due to the algae helping it stick to the glass.

i agree with afishonados, now i know who sold me that mag float, that caused cyano in my tank. i had a mag float that started to rust and cause cyano in the tank, just remember to look at those edges of the float and it will be cool

Need to keep this in mind when aquascaping.

I wish I wish. Never knew about this when I setup so there are 2 corners where LR is up against the glass. If I were to move it I would be rescaping for months! Oh well, next tank.

Mike469 said:
I wish I wish. Never knew about this when I setup so there are 2 corners where LR is up against the glass. If I were to move it I would be rescaping for months! Oh well, next tank.
Heh, I had thought ahead, that's why I got the thinner backed one....I believe the brand I got is called Marine....not twisty.

Fatz, I just mean to buy one the size of your tank. I got one of the small ones thinking it didn't matter, and the thing sucked. Now I have that's huge for the tank and it works like a charm!

Oh and just to add, I take my magfloat out.

Cool...bought one yesterday.Three or 4 inches I'd guess.Its the true "magfloat".Not very heavy,but amazingly strong.

I have no idea why I waited so long to buy this thing!Its awsome!!I highly recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom