Mag Float? Do these work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I have seen them around here and there on tank pics.

Are these worth buying?

Sure they are. A quick once over daily will help keep your tanks glas clean from alge buildup.

I would suggest going 1 size bigger than is suggested for your tank size. This will give you a greater hold between the two sections and thus more effective scrubbing power. Be sure to get the acrylic version if you have an acrylic tank.

I actually did buy one but I wanted feedback before I opened it.

I got the 125 model which was the next up from 30(My tank size)

This thing will not be to powerful for my 30's glass right?

Still interested to see how it works around corners....time to dive in!

Just dont let it smack aganst your glass when you put it on the tank. Other than that its just the pull of the two magnets.

Well I just tried it....WOW. Now I know how I can see my fish!!

But, I am still a worry hound. You just drag it around corners?

Sorry for all the questions

Will it take off my only few dots of coraline that I have?

I promise Fishfreek, last one....I promise!!

Depending on how well its attached to the glass yes. But free floating coraline will lead to more coraline.

Thank you so much for the help.

I just finished doing the front and I CAN NOT believe that over $1800 and I never knew that this was so awesome!!

You know how much of a pain a newish tank can be with alage blooms. I can actually see my fish and corals.

Thanks

I learned the hard way how important buying the correct size for your tank is, and then how beneficial buying one size up was. They are awesome!

But...make sure the pads are clean. One grain of sand in there will put some nasty scratches in your glass....trust me. :(

I bought a different brand, it looked to me, the mag float had a large part in the tank. I went for the thinner size, sorry, I can't remember the brand, but I love it.

LOL just don't get your fingers caught between them if you pull it out of the tank and put it together. Ouch! it took a nice blood-blister for me to learn that. :crazyeyes:

Most people just leave them stuck to the glass, but I've seen several cases where they get stuck on the glass from algea growth around them. heh heh....And when your tank is on a 4 ft stand and has a 150 lb hood...It's kind of hard to get in there and get it out. lol...So just remember to move it around every once in a while.

Mag Float? Do these work?

I take mine out and wash it, put it back in my drawer.
My LFS leaves it in, she told me she did that so the customers would come in and clean the tanks! LOL!

roka64 is on to something here... I have had two different people have problems with the epoxy allowing some metals to leach out! That's only two out of three hundred or so that I have sold; but it was still two. Removing the magnet would prevent the remote possibility of having your magnet leach. I just watch the inside magnets edges, looking for orange rust spots. Until then, they stay in the tank.

I learned the hard way how important buying the correct size for your tank is, and then how beneficial buying one size up was.

Can someone expand this a bit?Been planning on getting one for the 90...ya know, to keep my hands out.Seems like I should have gotten specifics first lol.I was just gonna get a big one.

I have used a mag float and I recently pice up a Twister branded glass cleaner. The twister cleans better but my mag float was about 3 yrs old. I agree with the comment about the inside the tank piece. The Mag float is a little big and I have a few spots that are hard to get to. Need to keep this in mind when aquascaping. The twister model is a lot thinner and will eventually be a PH mount when I get a new cleaner magnet. The twister does not float so you have to be careful.

SOme of these magnets are $100+. Any know why this is?

Back
Top Bottom