mag...something

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pm64971

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,

what's the name of the magnet scrubby thing that you can clean the inside of your tank with. I want to ask for one for christmas, but can't remember the name of it.

Thanks,
Phil

Well there are several brand names, but one in particular is Mag-Float. You just need to be careful that you do not pick up any tiny particles of sand or coral, which is quite common. It will scratch your glass or acrylic tank especially.

I just ordered a Mag-float. My other magnet algae scrapper will sometime come off the glass and sink to the bottom where it can get sand inside of it and scratch the tank.

The Mag actually floats if it should come off the glass. The idea is that it shouldn't be able to get any sand in it if it can't come in contact with the substrate. Plus you don't have to worry about getting our arm wet if you are like me and too lazy to tie a string to it and pull it up. :oops:

The algae free pirahna float and hammerhead float work the best. theY are a little more exspensive than the mag float though. You can check the algae free magnets out at my site.

I like my mag float. What i suggest is always buying 1 size larger than is recommended for your tank size.

Also make sure if your tank is acrylic that you get an acrylic scraper.

Back
Top Bottom