magnesuim high 1600 ppm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hookmeup

Aquarium Advice Newbie
these are the number on my water: mag. 1600 alk. 9.8 cal. 450 my mag. are high should i worry about this? and if it a problen what should i do to bring it down?

Pschmitt said:
Is your salt mix high in mag? May need to mix the bucket a bit to distribute settled components?

I use reef crystal. Instant ocean

Does high magnesium cause problems? I ask out of ignorance, as I'm on the low end in magnesium now, and fighting upwards. I know if it's low, the calcium and carbonate can precipitate out, but my understanding was that magnesium wasn't really used directly.

Am new to this hobbies am try to find out about my mag. been high. My understanding. Is the magazine. Should be in this range. 1200-1350

hookmeup said:
these are the number on my water: mag. 1600 alk. 9.8 cal. 450 my mag. are high should i worry about this? and if it a problen what should i do to bring it down?

High mag usually not an issue low mag big issue cal alk and mag go hand in hand low mag = alk and cal wont stablize

hookmeup said:

1350 is ideal for reeftank

Back
Top Bottom