Magnet for my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magnaflow

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys Just wondering should I stick a magnet on my take to help with algae control? I got 3 hermit crabs in there and I cleaner shrimp will be going in soon. But just wondering if a magnet is a good idea. I notice the tank at the lfs had them on them even with the crabs. I don't really seem to had a huge alage probelm. There is some spots I see with it and some Hair like green ones on the back of the tank. Thoughts?

Magnets are a great help with algae on the glass. Hermits are more effective in and on the rocks :)

I recommend Magna-Floats. The inside part of the magnet floats when you take the other part off the tank. Keeps from crushing any little critters down below.

sweet I will have a look for it today. Myabe one for the freswater tank too? got a plecto in there and he eats it but I got pellets for him to so..?

yeah I went down and got a little one worked well. Was one where you stick one side on the outside one in the middle and move it around. See what my paychech looks liek and might try for a shrimp and maybe 2 turbo snails. If there worth it.

Back
Top Bottom