Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal-Chin View Post
I just got 5 golfball sized turbo snails for my 125 gallon and in 3 days you couldn't find one speck of algae. Best algae eaters I've ever seen. A couple of them have these really cool shells that looke like abalone shell. They look like they are made of metal. They sure knock over stuff though...lol

If you want to clean your sand thats fine but don't stir it up, use one of those gravel cleaners you get at the store to suck up the gunk. They do a good job without messing up your water too much...

I thought about getting some of the turbos but just haven't gotten around to getting them.

I had a turbo snail in my 20 gallon long reef and he did do a really good job cleaning the algae up until he died.

I have a manual gravel cleaner that use to try and get the gunk out. I think I need one that has a bigger tube on it though. My tanks are in my office at work so I can't really use the kind that hooks up to the sink.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 09-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Love all the feedback, keep it coming.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think part of my problem of getting stuff off the rocks is how my rocks are setup. I have all shelf rock that I drilled holes in so I could put them on a fiberglass rod that is glued down into a paving stone. So I have two sets of these shelf rocks sitting next to each other and I have bridged the two sets with pieces of live rock. On each fiberglass rod I have 5 pieces of shelf rock and each piece is separated by a 1 1/2" pieces of 1" PVC pipe.

Part of my problem with this setup is that I think the critters have a hard time going from level to level on the shelf rock so I was trying to come up with a way for them to get from one level to the next. Maybe putting a small piece of rock in between each level so they could climb up on the small piece of rock to get up to the next level.

Tags
maintenance, reef, reef tank, tan, tank, ten

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com