majestic angel??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FDshoes

Aquarium Advice Freak
My lfs has a majestic angle about 2.5-3 in in size. They have had it for about 3 weeks and is eating great with beautifull colors. I currently have a 90 g setup but I am in the process of gathering the equip for a 150 or a 180 building stand and dump now. Is my 90 large enough to house this fish for about 9 months or so??

All the numbers are good with the exception of phospates but I am waiting for my rodi to arrive to fix that. How fast of a grower is the majestic?

All these fish tend to grow based on food availability, their comfort level and the tank size. I can't say how fast he will or will not grow. Too many variables.

As this is an expensive fish (at least that is my guess) I would be dead certain my water parameters are stable and as good as you can get them. Killing something this beautiful would be a sin.

They tend to grow fairly slowly. Maybe an inch in 6 monthsish? It's hard to be certain since factors change tank by tank.

He should be okay. I would just keep an eye on him to make sure he's still healthy and not looking stressed in any way.

My ntrates and NH are both zero all the phosphate is doing is making my clean algae more then I would like to. My current fish are all very healthy. And yes it is an expensive fish that's y I want to make sure he will be fine in a 90 for a short time. This fish is notoriously difficult to get to eat and the fact that this store has had it for a while and I have seen it eat numerous times makes me want to jump on the opportunity.

Flake said:
They tend to grow fairly slowly. Maybe an inch in 6 monthsish? It's hard to be certain since factors change tank by tank.

He should be okay. I would just keep an eye on him to make sure he's still healthy and not looking stressed in any way.

Thank you, if this is the case even if he grew 2 in over the next 9 months I think he should be fine.

Thank you, if this is the case even if he grew 2 in over the next 9 months I think he should be fine.

If nothing else, if he looks stressed, maybe ask your lfs up front if in the event of an emergency they would hang onto him until you can get the new tank up? I know mine will do it OCCASIONALLY if the circumstances are dire.

Lol. Just talkin worst case. Although I have a lunar wrasses that has grown well over an inch in just over 2 months

Usually depends whether or not he has the room in one of his display tanks.

He is def the only one that is growing like that its prb because he is a pig and is so fast he ends up eating half the food every feeding.

My tank is shaped like the letter "L." It sits upstairs, dominating a outside corner of the living room and holds several hundred pounds of live rock and has about 275 gallons in capacity. It is almost 30" deep. There is a sump and turf algae scrubber in the basement below that holds another 100 gallons roughly. Also a 5' tall custom protein skimmer, live sand filter and other monitoring equipment. Both the display tank and algae scrubber is lit all with high output LEDS. Tank has been running almost 20 years and is infested with copepods, which the fish dine on.

Back
Top Bottom