Majestic Angel Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxxpac

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Am restarting my tank all over after loosing everything to a bad snow storm. I already put in my first 2 SPS corals, yellow tang and hippo tang.(both small) a reef store is selling me a beautiful majestic angel. I ask about how is he gonna do in my soon to be again reef tank? He say majestic do very well in SPS tanks. A lot of people have them in their reef tanks and other say their not reef safe. What should I do? The tank is a 200gal and it's not easy to pull fish out.

I have a 220 gal and I feel your pain on not being easy to get fish out. Personally, I don't risk angels. Anything that is considered cautioned to put in a reef tank is because it's not 100% safe to put in. Have you seen why this angel is not 100% comparable?

It will not usually nip at SPS, but everything else is open game. To include clam mantles.

I guess it is like a relationship... If you never try your never know if it could of worked...

If you get the Angel when it's small, it'll be a safer bet. When they are little, if you keep them well fed, they should stay off the corals as the grow up because they have learned that you are the food source, not the things in the tank.

Good morning my Reefers
Well I hope I don't hate my self later, but I did it. I got the majestic yesterday and is doing well. I couldn't say no cause the guy gave him to me for $160 for Med. size one. My tank has over 200lb of hiding space and it seems to like that. As far as the corals I only have to nice size pieces of acroporas in the tank so slowly I'll be adding more.

Back
Top Bottom