Major disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If your community uses chloramine that can take out a RO filter. The water cutoff valve should prevent any waste water once the output line has pressure in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If your community uses chloramine that can take out a RO filter. The water cutoff valve should prevent any waste water once the output line has pressure in it.

I think mine works half the time. It must be on right....but I have seen waste water running out after the float switch has stopped water from filling the drum.

They are notorious for going bad. Try another one. Something else that helps is a two gallon pressurized reserve tank. This steadies the pressure on the output line.

did a water change today got things finished but I didn't hear the auto fill pump running , by the time I got everything shut down there must have been 30g of water in my living room . spent most of day sucking up water with my wet dry vac , was not a fun day at all , in the morn I need to go rent a carpet cleaner to get what ever I couldn't get with wet dry vac
on top of that it's snowing hard now in less than a hour we got over a inch and this is to go on till tomorrow nite they say anywhere from 8 to 12 inch by the time it's done , stupid ground hog was way off this year

Sorry to hear that Seaweed. That's no fun at all. Hope you can get all that water up. Set up some fans to blow on that carpet to. That will help dry it. Snow in May! That's unheard of around my area. That makes things even worse. Yikes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Difference between a bad running and good water wakes you up at 4 am for a charge through the house.

Funny you should,say that sniper. When I had a sump on my 125 freshwater tank. My husband would wake up and go searching for a leak until he got used to the sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Get a cheap water sensor designed for hot water heater leaks. Place it in the bottom of your cabinet and it will wake the dead if there's a real leak.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom