Make an anemone move?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wilochka

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is there any way to make an anemone move off of one rock and onto another?

You can try aiming a powerhead in that direction and see if that will convince it to move.

Change your water flow (move/redirect PH's). Basically make it so the conditions he liked in that spot no longer exist. This won't cause him to go where you want but it'll at least be a different spot. I have one too and I've just accepted that it's gonna go where it wants. I didn't see it for about 4 months cuz it was back behind/under some rocks. Now it's back in the front. :roll:

I have one that stays under edge of the LR. I turned the rock over, he went back under the other side. So like Gatorfreak and fluff said change the conditions and he will move.

I guess my only question is why?

I'm real weird about bothering mine. It bounced around for some time before finding its current home and now I dictate everything around keeping it happy.

Its been on the same rock for about 9 months and I never hand feed it. It does fine filter feeding.

You might move it and it could be bumming.

I'm not a guru, so take this as just my take.

The best advice I have seen is to use a ice cube near its foot. Just rub it a little and he should start to let go. If its on glass, you can (blow dryer or similar) use a heat source to heat the spot on the glass to get it to become 'uncomfortable'. I wish more pet/lfs's realized what they are doing when the snatch the poor thing out of the holding tank when someone buys one. No wonder we suffer so many losses..

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom