Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-18-2005, 12:33 PM   #11
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Either or. If you feel more comfortable using LFS garlic additives then they will be fine. I have used pure galic juice that has been extracted from whole cloves. If your going to blend it all up I dont see any reason why you couldnt just drop a few whole cloves in the blender at the start aswell.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 01:45 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

I just buy the cloves. Peel the skin off an throw it in the blender. If you can find a place to cut you a break on the fresh seafood, it is a lot cheaper than buyer LFS food. I had a guy once just throw a shrimp, cod and scallops into a small container and charge me the cheapest price per lb. Only happened once though

I always love going up and telling them I want 2 shrimp 3-4 scallops and a small piece of white fish. Get some weird looks sometimes.

Old 06-18-2005, 03:28 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

I use the fresh whole garlic, marine zoe, shrimp, scallops, nori seaweed, romaine lettuce, and add a few crumbles of granular fish food. Blend it good adding tank water to thin it and freeze it flat in a plastic lid then break it into 4 X 4 chunks and put it into baggies.
http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=fishfree
electrikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:05 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

I put nori and zoe in mine as well.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Ellisz makes a good point. A little of the raw ingredants goes a long way.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com