Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Shirtlessbill View Post
Standard sump has three chambers. Intake, refugium, return
That's a sump/fuge. You don't have to have a fuge which makes it two chambers since a 10 gallon is small a fuge wouldn't even make a dent in the nutrient level really or leave room for equipment.

Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Freak
What are some good equipment for the sump?

Like what's a good return pump?

What's a good skimmer?

Cb24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Freak
I think they're are too many options and too many different ways of set up to answer your question. If you provide a price range, or a specific list of products we can give you opinions, but just to ask what is good is like asking how a tv works when you just found out how to do multiplication
See My Tanks Here
I have found the best way to cycle your tank! Want to know how? Pee in it. Build thread: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...-141081-3.html Scientific Reading: Reefkeeping
uh.oh... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone ever heard of an iwaki return pump? Its about 822gallons per hour at max 8.2ft
Dimdim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Freak
Originally Posted by Reeffanman View Post
Even the makers of that overflow box recommend using a tank with a built in overflow. That has to say something. And the pump is only used to prime the syphon not to maintain it.
Yes the point of the pump is to prime the overflow, but you leave it running 24/7. So if power goes out, tank drains. Power goes on tank fills, and pump reprimes the overflown. The only way this wouldn't work is if you pump isnt running.

I use the CPR CS90 Never had a problem with it. During water changes all I do is unplug my return pump. The overflow is designed to hold water in the U Shaped chamber so it wont back suck and fill with air and if for any reason it does, the aqualifter pump is there to suck all the air out of the overflow.
Dont be Wasteful is what I was always told, Got a dead fish? Get the Frying Pan Baby!
JesseMessykinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Dimdim View Post
Anyone ever heard of an iwaki return pump? Its about 822gallons per hour at max 8.2ft
Thread jack, Get the one with Japanese motor not nearly as loud

Most people create their own problems by not following the basics and refusing to stock appropriate to their system. Gregcoyote 2013

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com