making plans on transfering corals need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys i will be transfering corals to the 125 soon from the 55 some pieces i can bag and float in the tank but a few peices are way to big to be bagged like a big arch that has polyps and xenia growing on it i cant bag it..... wat can i do? Drip method?

Not to worry. All you have to do is make sure that the two Tanks are very close together as far as temp., SG and PH.

Adding to what thincat said. At a Reefers conference, one of the speakers talked about coral acclimation saying corals arent advanced enough to be stressed by the water change. He puts his corals right in fine.

lol so your sayin i could just take corals out of 55 and place in 125??? wow i think i will still do drip method it may be at a face drip.

its funny i never aclamate my corals the one time i did with a frog spawn it died so i never do it any more the frog spawn was expensive so i did

I never aclamate mine either, Just straight in. never had any die, And they all seem to be growing to quick. :p

EDIT: I actually did aclamate my anemone, Over 20 mins, I added one cup of my water every 5 mins. He seems to be doing very good.

Just last week I transferred from my 45 to my 75. I did all I could to insure that the temps and pH were compatible. I even cut my Colt Coral in three pieces as I tranferred it; but then again Colts are pretty hardy.

One thing I did do was to transfer in some of my mushrooms and observed their behavior. The seemed to acclimate just fine so I transferred everything else:
2 Toadstool Leathers (I also separated them at the truck)
Colony of polyps
Colony of Mushroom
Everything appears to be thriving!
Good Luck.

On my corals I just float the bag and then put them on in. Never had a problem before.

I never aclamate mine either, Just straight in. never had any die, And they all seem to be growing to quick. :p

EDIT: I actually did aclamate my anemone, Over 20 mins, I added one cup of my water every 5 mins. He seems to be doing very good.

Anemones are different the inverts have a very complicated vascular system and much be aclamated or they will die

Back
Top Bottom