I thought it was time i posted a thread on my Malu. Had him about 6 weeks and whern i first bought him he was a lovely brown colour and a lot bigger than he is now. For around 2 - 3 weeks now he has lost all his colour, completely bleached and is currently not attached to anything. This morning i check on him and 15 minutes later he had moved (first time he moved) however i think he got blown by the powerhead as i found him upside down. I've been feeding him every couple of days on cockles and mysis shrimp and he eats 'most' of the time. I have just read on another website that you shouldn'd feed a Malu and let the light do the work?
A bit about my tank. Just installed 3 x Aquaray 1000 HD's. At first i had 4 x T8's which were useless so i borrowed my friends MH
which seemed to make the nem worse. I believe it may have been too much light.
I'm a little confused as to what to do as a lot of people are saying completely different things.
1. you should feed it daily
2. you shouldn't feed it at all
3. it needs mega intense lighting
4. it need indirect lighting
5. if its bleached its almost dead
6. if its bleached its not the end of the world and needs TLC
Any help on this would be great. I certainly dont want to loose all my livestock and would rather get rid of the nem but its knowing whens is right to do so.