Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

i bet there is lots of action in that tank eh! My 55 has 5 fish and sometimes you can only see 1 if the others are in the rock. I'd love to add like 5 more to fill up the empty water space but no way could my system deal with it.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbstrong

Depends on type of fish if your overstocked or not 13 small fish that remain small like chromis or gobies then your ok they dont produce a huge bioload but if you have bigger fish like tangs or angels they produce big bioload then your overstocked stocking depends on filtration the right filtration goes a long way like i said previously ive housed 2 mandarin in a 55g for 3 years now and only stocked 1000 pods one time a good fugi helps keep them populated i disagree with waiting a year on anenome as long as your biofiltration is good and right lighting keepin parameters stable your good to get one ive fully stocked a tank with sps coral one week after cycling with no issues

Its always going to be based on opinion. I like to keep my prison population down. Clown fish have been known to incite minor riots.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Most of the fish that are in the tank are small fish with the exception of the tang and angel. I have a pretty good setup for the tank, I have 3 filters, 2 of which are bio wheels and 1 with a slimmer on it and I have a new skimmer being delivered next week. The lighting system is really good. I have a T5 system with daylights moonlights and normal lights on it all set up on an automatic timer. The one madrine that I have in the tank has been in it since day one and is doing great. He does have plenty of pods to eat and occasionally eats frozen food.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xkentc
Most of the fish that are in the tank are small fish with the exception of the tang and angel. I have a pretty good setup for the tank, I have 3 filters, 2 of which are bio wheels and 1 with a slimmer on it and I have a new skimmer being delivered next week. The lighting system is really good. I have a T5 system with daylights moonlights and normal lights on it all set up on an automatic timer. The one madrine that I have in the tank has been in it since day one and is doing great. He does have plenty of pods to eat and occasionally eats frozen food.
Tang in 55 gallon?
Old 09-07-2012, 01:36 PM   #15

Yes a tommy tang they said it shouldn't get to big. But I'm planning on upgrading my tank in a year or so, so if by that time if it has grown larger than excepted I will already have a larger setup.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Yes a tommy tang they said it shouldn't get to big. But I'm planning on upgrading my tank in a year or so, so if by that time if it has grown larger than excepted I will already have a larger setup.
That's good that u have a plan for it
Old 09-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Tommy tang?? Never heard of it its not in my marine fish book can you post a pic im just curious
Old 09-07-2012, 02:36 PM   #18

Yeah I can do it later today. And yeah this is my first tank that I have owned personally I just wanted to make sure everything goes well with this tank before I upgrade and move everything. I have had a lot experience with my mothers 75g that she had for 5 years.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yeah I can do it later today. And yeah this is my first tank that I have owned personally I just wanted to make sure everything goes well with this tank before I upgrade and move everything. I have had a lot experience with my mothers 75g that she had for 5 years.
Do you mean a tomini tang
Old 09-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #20

Yes lol that is exactly what I meant

Tags
mandarin

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com