Mandarin Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macman7010

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey Guys,

Any ideas on whether and spotted (psychedelic) and green manardinfish would get along together in a 90 gallon aquarium?

That is tough, they get along with other fish pretty well unless they are of the same species. The 90 gallons might help if they feel comfy in their specific areas. It has been my experience (with my red spotted scooter) that they roam the whole tank. These two are probably about the same and you may have aggression issues. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but there might be others that can give first hand experience. Why not try a mated pair?

scott,

I've looked for a mated pair for a while and can never seem to find one.

I don't see why they wouldn't get along, but I would be more concerned whether or not they are accepting prepared foods. If they are not and your original is feeding off the liverock then throwing another into the mix decreases food availability to a fish that already is considered a picky eater. Otherwise, I'd go for it. You won't know for sure until you try it out ;)

As James said I`d make sure he is eating at the LFS before I got it. Better safe than sorry.

I have seen the two different species in the same tank at a LFS, the spotted was going after the green aggresively. Of course their is great variation

Back
Top Bottom