Mandarin goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvDiscus

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, as you can tell i'm new here. i'd like to start out by saying that this seems to be a very positive forum! i really like the way everyone helps each other out!!

i've got some info that might help out. i've had my tank for about 5mths now. before i found this site i got my first fish. yup you guessed it a mandarin. i've had him for about 1 1/2 mths now. i realize that's not long. i also realize there need after reading up on them. but i also have a lot of Discus i take care of and feed multi styles of food. so i figured i'd see if this guy would take to any of them. i use Hikari bloodworms as 1 of the Discus food sources and that's what i gave the mandarin to try. guess what he gobbles it up like mad! his belly get nice and round every other day now :) . i've also tried beefheart but he only nibbles on that.

i realize they only ( most of them ) eat the pods and don't take to flake or frozen food. this guy would only eat LBS at the LFS before i got him. next i'm plaining on giving him CBW when they come in. i just want to pass some info on to anyone who might want to try feeding the Hikari to there mandarin.

Thanks for the info, this is my favorite fish of all times, and I'm currently setting my tank up for one!!!

Thanks, Joshua...

I currently have 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, mated :D , 1 Powder Blue Tang, and a FW molly of some sort that I thought was cute. I plan to add a Mandarin Dragonet, they aren't gobies!!!! and a copperbanded butterfly in the future.

I need another 50-70 pounds of LR first though, and a big amount of cycling time, haha.

Joshua...

no problem! i've got 1 cleaner shrimp, 5 blue hermits, 5 turbo snails, and some assorted polyps & other things i got from a LFS that closed down :( . the guy really knew his stuff but needed knee & hip replacement so he had to close the store. he knew everything about my tank and told me that all these things are hardy and can handle a new tank. i feel :oops: cause i don't know what they are but they have been doing fine for the past 2 mths. i'm going to try and get a digi cam and take some pics cause i'd like to know what they really are. it's my fault for not remembering what he called them.

Back
Top Bottom