Mandarin question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sgc1107

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday got my long awaited mandarin! He's doing good but he's been staring at his reflection in the glass for about an hour now, is this normal? Should I leave him be?

How is he seeing his reflection? If your looking at him thru the front and seeing his reflection on the side, that's normal. But he would just see out the side-no reflection. Try looking from one side thru to the other. No reflection.

my mandarin follows me all over
he's watching you not looking at a reflection
hope you have tons of pods to keep him happy
you should try training him to eat frozen and pellets that way his chances of survival are increased

He's looking at the back of the tank (blacked out) so I'm sure hrs looking at his reflection.

I've got pods!! Been waiting about 5mo for this guy, so I'm prepared. I love him, he was so worth the wait!!

My LFS said he's been eating mysis already :) I wanted the smaller one but they said they haven't seen him eat the mysis so I went with the bigger guy!

He's stopped looking at the glass for now. He's getting a bit braver by the hour! He's been adventuring a little further each time he moves from his "safe spot" he's still not quite sure about us looking at him lol. I hope with time I can say mine follows me around the tank!!

mines just so nosy he always has to see what I'm doing

Any picts of this lil guy

He's quite interested but shy! I thought I was fish gazing.... Little did I know he's watching me! He'll peek around a rock or the rock I have my purple mushrooms on like this...

img_2308598_0_f0c957ade6d013729e7ad439e97cc9f6.jpg

He hasn't really come out in the open but here's a few pics in his "safe spot" he's been named meeko.

img_2308598_1_3ccdad0c52c905a84bed7467250451f8.jpg

img_2308598_2_e861da565119ce25e35f650e560db9c1.jpg

He is soooo adorable!!! Following along because I'm thinking about getting one, but not until I'm a little more experienced.

they were a mated pair

I've tried in the past matching them up myself but they always killed each other

Back
Top Bottom