Mandarin Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineEddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys,
I would like to get a mandarin for my 29g tank, but I have a few questions...
1) Is my tank big enough?
2) I haven't seen copepods so if I was to add them how many should I add and how long should I wait to add the mandarin?

I have quite a bit of live rock so I don't think that would be a problem.

Thanks in advance, Eddy :D

If you wanted to keep a mandarin and feed it pods you would most likely need at least one bottle or more per week. :-(

How long has your tank been up? Do you have a fuge?

I have an ORA mandarin in a 29g cube BUT he was supposed to be eating pellets and I had a fuge. I also had tons and tons of pods already in my tank which had been set up for at least 6 months.

To be honest, I don't know if I would buy one again, it;s been ALOT of work getting her to eat frozen food and she probably would have starved if i hadn't had an immense amount of pods already.

Thanks for the quick reply :D
.My tank has been going for about 1 year now. I don't have a refugium so I probably won't get one. I want to get a bottom dwelling fish and mandarins look so cool. I'll probably get a goby of some sort, any suggestions, I was thinking a yellow clown goby.

Oh good suggestion! Lots of personality no doubt. A little secretive usually but a really cool fish to have.

Back
Top Bottom