Mandarine Goby Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flanque

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

I have the following:

2 x Ocellaris Clowns
1 x Orange Tail Damsel
1 x Red Blenny
1 x Coral Beauty
1 x Hermit Crabs
2 x Corilamorphs

The compatibility chart on AA says it should be fine, but wanted to see what others feel these mandarin gobies are like.

They seem very nice and gentle.

Yes it is compatible with what you have listed, but not with the tank described in your profile. Mandarins do not easily take prepared foods and require a large pods population or they will starve. IMO, without a large refugium and 3 times as much LR your system could not support one.

HTH,

They are a great fish in the right environment. Unfortunately, many suppliers sell them without asking where they are going and a majority starve to death.

FTU, the orange tail damsel could be an issue with adding additional fish as they can be very territorial.

u can start witth adding more LR, let the pod populationg settle then at the same time set up a small refugium with lr and macro algea in it, u don't need a huge one, a 10g one will be good enough.Fish wise, as long as u have good supply of pods, i wouldn't even worry about wat fish u put in. As in my tank I even have a purple tang and clarkiis in the tank but they be veryfriendly with each other.
Works great for the dragontt and mandarin in my tank.All my fishes died during my tank crush,however those mandarin and dragonett lives and breed. such a suprise.

Yeah I don't really have the capacity to add another tank unfortunately. :-(

maybe u can look for some hang on back refugium, it require a small space however also quite expensive.

I don't even know what a "refugium" is... LOL.. I read it here all the time but am left wondering.. :p

You really need to educate yourself friend. You will save yourself much heartache and money if you keep reading...re: fish, aquarium setups, etc....

Try wetwebmedia.com for many of these basic questions.

Well I've had my aquarium running for 2 years without much trouble at all.. I move very slowly adding things only after great considoration.. generally. ;p

Well I've had my aquarium running for 2 years without much trouble at all.. I move very slowly adding things only after great considoration.. generally. ;p

You can purchase copepods and amphipods online and add them to your tank. I did that for my mandarin, but I wouldn't get a mandarin unless you're willing to do it on a regular basis.

FYI, the mandarin is behind and in the rocks most of the time. He comes out once in a while, but he spends all his time hunting and eating, so you might like the way they look, but you may not even see it enough to make it worth buying and caring for it.

Back
Top Bottom