Mangrove question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chase33

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just purchased a Mangrove plant for my fuge :D . Is there any special care I need to take in order for it to grow? How far into the water should I place the roots? Should they go into the sand? My understanding is that the roots will grow down and eventually reach the bottom. Currently the roots sit about halfway down into the water. There are about 4 or 5 leaves/flowers on the stalk, will more grow or should I get more plants?

I was looking into gettin mangrove plants for my fuge a while ago.

The roots will grow down like you said by themselves so you dont have to put them into the sand if you dont want.

The main thing is to make sure the leaves arnt next to any light source that might be too hot and possibly dry them out/burn them. The only other thing is to just wipe the salt off the leaves every once in a while.

I was told to spray the leaves and stalk with RO water a few times a day as well. I have one that I thought was dead and I started spraying it. I have some new leaves now and it looks good.

Back
Top Bottom