Mangrove Refugium Questions??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beachbumin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im looking into taking advantage of unused tanks in my garage and building a mangrove fug and possibly still a small fug under my tank to grow alge. Is there any websites that stock mangrove trees and shrubbery? Also besides the obvious more maintance involved, would there be any danger to having two sperate fugs for my tank?

Im looking into taking advantage of unused tanks in my garage and building a mangrove fug and possibly still a small fug under my tank to grow alge. Is there any websites that stock mangrove trees and shrubbery? Also besides the obvious more maintance involved, would there be any danger to having two sperate fugs for my tank?

Check out gardenweb.com . You should be able to find links and advice on everything you need. I have three mangrove plants growing in a container. I've acclimated them to saltwater without a problem. Strangely enough, I purchased the plants at target 8O . Well, I should say rescued. All of the containers were bone dry when the directions say to have 2" of water in the pot at all times.

Jim

would there be any danger to having two sperate fugs for my tank?

None. TO make it as low tech as possible set it up so one gravity flows into the other.

I think liveaquaria sells mangroves

Back
Top Bottom