Mangroves as filtration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can wet paper towels and them put them in ziploc baggies. Not really wet just damp.

Update: just got back from vacation and did this:

Attachments

• image-3539839825.jpg
    image-3539839825.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3061835373.jpg
    image-3061835373.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 90
Thanks. Getting ready to do power water changes and see if i can KEEP them down. This is gonna be fun. 35 gallons a day!!!!!

I have one and I haven't had much luck but after the foam idea I think I may revisit this idea cause if you can get a good root system that will be awesome for pod production imagine a huge refuge for pods right in the tank that's gunna make for a heathly system and to the cut talking about the feather calupra it needs to be trimmed back quite regularly as with any fast growing plant in a confined space

I have a bubble caulepra that grows slow and doesn't go through that yellow die off (reproduction?) stage either. It's great for a fuge cuz it stays tightly packed and won't cause harmful toxins cuz no die off. I'll post a pic after work.

That's what I want can't find it though also I have had a couple prices on rocks that end up dying also had a red grape ALGEA and it dies b4 it grows

Not sure if this is the grape. Think it's called something else where I got it.

Attachments

• image-2418714315.jpg
    image-2418714315.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 83
  • image-3930821432.jpg
    image-3930821432.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 83
I can't really tell because it's so clumped. The little spheres look the same but grape caulerpa is more spread out ad branching kinda.

Yeah this stuff is like a brick. Doesn't die off just keeps growing lol. Bristle worms and pods love hiding in it too.

I googles images of the grape. Definitely not it. Maybe a form of it but I don't think so. I forgot what the guy I got it from called it. I will visit him soon and ask again. There is no branch whatsoever in it. It's all just clumped together little bubbly pods.

Btw the pics I used had another type of caulepra on it and chaeto so it may look like it has a stem/branch but it in fact does not.

That is deff grape when. Was I was in jamaica Theresa's huge patches of that stuff and it would grow so much that it would beg rowing up away frm the rock with huge chunks and there is also other ALGEA on that rock giving it kinda a weird look

Back
Top Bottom