Manjano wand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sparkee61

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 220 saltwater reef/fish aquarium. Came back from vacation and noticed a large growth of Mangano anemone. Didn't know what it was at first. A week later it doubled in size. Got advice from a couple of "experts". 1) take all 160lbs of live rock out.power wash and let dry for a week. 2) get a raccoon butterfly 3) get berghia at $15 each and that I would need 15 of them to do job. 4) remove all live rock and replace with new live rock. Now I ve read about zapping them with a manjano wand. Has anyone ever used this and does it work?

ps any other ideas would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, they can only hit what you can see. That and any little bit of anemone left will simply reproduce and make more. The same goes with the majano lasers.

You can try injecting it with either boiling water/lemon juice or products like Joe's Juice or Aiptasia-x.

I am in a pretty bad way with an outbreak in my tank of aiptasia. I was killing 30+ and not making a dent. I have lots of berghia arriving sometime today. I've had no assistance from other animals that can consume them, from peppermints to butterfly. Didn't try a filefish due to them consuming coral. As this is the only thing these nudibranch eat, it will just be a waiting game.

Won't your fish eat the nudibranch? The raccoon butterfly has done some elimination but not all. And he polished up some coral along the way:(

I would hit it on all fronts. Get some live stock that feed on it and nuke it with lemon juice or boiling water. A few hundred bucks is nothing compared to the idea of teardown and re boot

Back
Top Bottom