Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Wouldn't cost much to set him up his own little tank... they don't need expensive lighting. Find yourself a $50-$100 deal on craigslist & give George a good home!!!!!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albino
Cool thanks guys. I've called 2 lfs in my area and neither of them want it and I'm scared if I put it in qt it may decided to try punching some glass. So at a loss with what to do with it. What sort of tank do I need to keep him? I think I'll try the glass thing beengirl suggested and see how it goes, but hes been in there a couple of months and I've realized he has a lot of holes and caves made and I've still not even seen him. This could be interesting lol!
Guys the odds of him breaking glass are very very slim. People think that just because it can happen that it will happen. Plus do you think they just try to break the class for no reason at all? They need to be provoked to do it, or have prey thats near the glass.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:08 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel

Guys the odds of him breaking glass are very very slim. People think that just because it can happen that it will happen. Plus do you think they just try to break the class for no reason at all? They need to be provoked to do it, or have prey thats near the glass.
Good to know. From what I've been reading they sound like they can just go punching glass for fun. I'm on my way home from work now to catch this guy. So u think if I put him in my qt with so rock he will be ok in there for a couple of day till I make the lfs?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:12 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I hear there bad boys can crack the tank glass if its thin enough is that true?
Old 10-26-2012, 04:17 AM   #15

Yeah it's true from what I've been reading. There punch can be as fast and hard as a 2cal bullet. But I think if they have enough rock there normally pretty tame. He's been hiding in my tank at least a month now and I only just figured out it was in there lol.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:22 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Wow that's amazing! That's some awesome hiding it has been doing lol. My uncle has been pestering me to get one but I have no idea where I would get one from. From what I've read they come as a +1 with the live rocks sometimes, I don't have any room for weapon like that though :p
Old 10-26-2012, 04:25 AM   #17

Well u live in melb says ur profile, so if u want him u can have him lol. I'm throwing up keeping or taking him to the lfs. I don't really have $200 to get him his own setup right now, the girl will have me buy the balls haha
Old 10-26-2012, 04:36 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Unfortunately the only tank I have that I could put him in is about 10L in size and it would destroy it for sure! Don't suppose you have any green star polyp frags?
Old 10-26-2012, 06:00 AM   #19

I really wish. My tank is fairly new so just starting my coral collection. But in the future I'd love to do some swaps of frags I don't know many people in Melbourne into the hobby.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:19 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Sounds great mate I'm new to reef tanks as well! So that would be awesome to swap frags in the future. The only thing that I have that has multiplied so far is a fluffy mushroom, but it's pretty cool!

Tags
mantis shrimp, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com