Mantis Shrimp Pains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

Ok I recently purchased some LR from Liverocks.com and It came with a few suprises.. Among the few hitchhikers was a mantis shrimp.. I have tried for days to get the mantis shrimp out of the tank.. I have tried HIGH SG sw dips. No Luck... I have tried FW dips.. No Luck.. traps.. no Luck He has eaten just about all the crabs that cam with the tank along with about 3 brittle stars.. I cant seem to get rid of this guy.. I know the rock he is in.. Which is about a 20+# of LR.. There is only a few more creature that I have in the tank due to this pain in my ***.. I really need to get rid of him.. Help Me please

take the rock out and dip it in a bucket or large container of room temperature RO water (about 70 degrees or so). He'll soon squirt out like a banner from a pop-gun, and you can take out the rock and cup him up. ;). Worked for me with a mantis and 2 different hitchhiker crabs.

thats how I did it. but mine moved from rock to rock. so I had to have a buckett of RO sitting there for a day or so. then when I saw him I imediatly reached in and grabed the rock and diped it. He came out.

Back
Top Bottom