Manually removing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cxAcan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Removing this hairy green algae manually today after that I have no idea what to do my levels are all regular no window or outside light contact and I have shortened the lighting time

image-1523321300.jpg

What are your levels of Nitrate and Phosphate?

Can you tell us more about your tank?

What size tank? What kind of equipment? What kind of lighting, and the schedule for the lighting?

What is the tank stocked with?

Phosphates might be 0 if he's got enough growing in the tank. I've gone ahead and ordered Algeafix (marine) solution for my 120 gallon.

It's got good reviews for removing hair algae. I'll let you know how it's going during this week. I've already cut my lighting, feeding, etc and I've still got issues.

The only other thing I can think of for my situation, is replacing metal halides :)

Phosphates might be 0 if he's got enough growing in the tank. I've gone ahead and ordered Algeafix (marine) solution for my 120 gallon.

It's got good reviews for removing hair algae. I'll let you know how it's going during this week. I've already cut my lighting, feeding, etc and I've still got issues.

The only other thing I can think of for my situation, is replacing metal halides :)

Replace them every 9 months, that all there good for. I had three, so after three years I finally got LEDs and I didn't go cheep. Four Radions. Like 3 k. 3 months before the new pros came out. That's life!! pic in profile

Let me know how it goes I may have to order it also

Ok I just it in the mail. Starting to dose it now. Says dose every three days. I does not say to turn the skimmer off and so I'll leave it running for now.

Back
Top Bottom