March/April: Let's hear about the bargains you've found!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok folks, if you come across some excellent deals, bargains, specials sales coupon codes etc...here is your place to share with fellow reefers. Seen a price online, that is too good not to share? Well, put it here. This applies to LFS as well, make sure you tell us where we can save some
misc41.gif

Well I'll start this thread off. I just ordered a CPR BAK-PAK 2Rsm skimmer from AmekaAquatics for 110.00. The skimmer is a "factory second", this means it has some cosmetic defect that does not affect the operation of the skimmer in anyway, it just isn't as pretty as a "first". Since I don't give a flip whether it's as pretty as the next skimmer :mrgreen: , I decided to take the $20.00 savings over the premium aquatics price and there is no shipping costs. There is an extra savings there. I urge all of you to look at www.AmekaAquatics.com for your products, there shipping is great (no shipping on orders over $60) and they are a member of this site and the PetAdvice network. I will be posting a review of this skimmert after I receive it and use it for a couple of weeks.

picked up two (not for my tank) sps frags for $16 at a club auction. by the time next auction, or maybe the auction after that rolls around, i'll be picking up something nice. there wasn't much there, but what they had went for great prices.

I picked up 4 new SPS frags from Aquatecture of Gainesville today, paid $40.00 for all four. 1 Seriatopora hysterix (spelling?? Pink birdsnest), 1 Montipora digitata (purple), 2 unidentified acro species.

Great store, great prices great frags!!

This is a March/April thread so I thought I add .02 worth.

I recently decided to replace the 3 hydrometers I had with a refractometer. I got the RHS-10ATC from DIYREEF (http://diyreef.com/shop/) FOR $50.00 including 30ppt calibration solution.

I didn't realize that the calibration solution was 30ppt (thinking it was/should calibrate at 0) and contacted them. Justin was extremely prompt in replying and correcting my mistake. Part of my problem was that my tank was also at 30ppt so I saw no difference between the calibration solution and my water sample :)

Cmor

I ordered from Hirocks, twice. The first order came in a couple of days ago, instead of ordering from their website, I took my chances with ebay. I was able to get the rocks for approx 1.00 to 1.65 per pound including shipping. The rock was beautiful and it was way more than 50 lbs. In fact, our estimation was that it was closer to 60 or 70. It was nicely shaped, needed some scrubbing, but you cant beat it for baserock. I put it into the 30 and 55 as it will be live eventually. The next batch I bought, has not come in yet, but it will get split between the sump and the seahorse tank. I am actually hoping the pieces are smaller this time so they will fit in the sump. that is how big they were.

Hara, you could always take a hammer to that rock and break it up yourself. Just make sure you use a small sledgehammer :wink:

RO systems

I had been doing some research for an RO system, and i found some really good deals from www.purewaterplanet.com. actually, its promotional items they are selling on ebay. they have taken there 5stage RO 50 gpd from 259.99 down to 99.99. here is what they told me about it ....
"Our Special "E" (Economy) Series does not have the more expensive John Guest Fittings but does have the John Guest tubing. The Filter housing and the Sediment Filter on the "E" Series are imported but the GAC filter and the Membrane is the same and made in USA. Both systems are manufactured in the USA. The E series is a promotional item, available only on Ebay and is for a limited time only."
Anyways, if someone is tired of going to the pet store every week or so, it looks like a good investment. im going to pick one up, and they have some other systems too (some with DI). hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom