Marco rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have. I have the key largo shelf rocks. They are ok. I also tried reefcleaners and wasn't too impressed.

I personally prefer to order from bulkreefsupply. That's where I've ended up getting all my dry rock :)

Hope that helps.

Yes I have marco rocks! I love them!!! I can't remember but I'm sure I bought the cheaper rocks they have. They are awesome, lots of nooks and holes and the pieces fit together well. Although it takes a while for them to get color, I seeded them with 1 or 2 pieces of live rock from my LFS. I think I even got free shipping from MR! You can ask for special things too. When I upgrade to a bigger tank, I will be buying more from MR!!

It will actually depend on your tank if the rocks start getting color. They will need calcium and magnesium to color up and also some where for the coraline to come from. It can be a few scrapping from someones tank or a hermit crab shell with some on it.

Its been four months for me and my rocks look pretty greyish, I think a lot of lighting turns the rock darker because I put the rocks into two different tanks and the one with more light is much darker. I could be totally wrong though since i only have FOWLR. Don't test or dose for calcium, phosphate, etc.

I have Marco rock in my biocube. I love it, its interesting, full of holes, stacks well, has a million hiding places, makes great caves, I would recommend it.

If you buy the base rock, you can just throw it in since there won't be any die off. the LR in your tank will seed the dry rock and it'll become alive in time

Back
Top Bottom