Marco's "Deco Base Rock"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought the Florida Base Rock which is pretty nice for the price and some nice softball size piece... But I heard the Deco comes pretty large and it's a real good deal and good Base to start with or if your just adding to your established system.... I am looking to get some to but haven't have any money to get just yet... (y) Good Luck man...

That's what Marco said when I talked to him. Big pieces, light, porus etc etc. Just looking for a first hand independent confirmation. I've used his Tonga base rock before and seen the Figi.

Captain,

I have several pieces of his base rock. It is pretty nice rock. Very light, very porus, the pics he has on his website are very accurate to what I got from him. I got mine through a third party and not directly from his site but it came from him.

Hope that helps

I think Scott (Roka64) got his rock from there. He seemed to be pretty happy with it.

Maybe it's me or maybe I'm having communication problems today. I've used Marco before and was very happy. The 'Deco Rock' appears to be new (I could tell from the big 'new' label attached to it). Was looking for input from anyone who may have used his 'NEW DECO ROCK'. I can't tell if it's man-made, cultured or what and I haven't got a response back from him yet.

50 Pound box Deco Rock, <br>Now Pre Cycled - DS-50

I just received 10lbs of this, it was much bigger than expected. He had an ebay deal going 5 lbs for $15 shipped free. I got 2 pieces and they are both very nice good holes and see to be acclimating well to the tank.

He was very easy to deal with, even talked to him regarding local pickup. He said no problem just email him ahead of time.

Now what does it mean when it states they never pick from a Living reef? Does that mean it's not part of a reef from the Ocean?...

basically the genesis of what I'm trying to figure out. Some of this type of rock is quarried from inland locations that were once undersea many moons ago. I'd rather not go that route

That looks like the same rock I got from him as well. A chunk as large as a basketball was about 10 Lbs with tons of nooks and crannies.

Back
Top Bottom