Margarita Snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

casper3t

Aquarium Advice Regular
i was looking at my margarita snail earlier and it was releasing some white chemical, anybody have an idea what it is? i record a video and put it on youtube.

My trochus did this, and I assumed it was a breeding thing. Like your video, my snail perched itself on a high spot, with high flow. That's why I noticed it to start with... it was not one it's "normal" spots to be in. Just as I went over to check it out, it did just like your video... released a fairly large white stream of stuff. Did this five times, then moved on. I've never seen any of the snails do it again.

Interestingly, last month - a couple months after I noticed the "white cloud" - I noticed baby trochus snails in my tank, all about the same size. There are three that I've seen so far. Not sure if there are more.

Mine did it more than 5 times, I saw it doing that for about an hour. My sister said she saw that once before but I haven't noticed any new baby snails yet.

Take a flash light and look at your tank and rock about 2 hours or so afterlights out. I bet you will see lots of baby snails. Mine did the same thing and I have just tons an tons of BB sized baby snails now. I need to catch some of those little guys and sell them on ebay

Back
Top Bottom