Marine Alien

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kept searching the toxin it has is bonellin and it is a biocides which means it has the ability to paralyze small animals and the male lives inside the females reproductive tract

I was trying to find out exactly how they eat because it looks like it just stretches its arms out and touches things like me when the power goes out. Lol. Can't tell if it retracts to bring food to its mouth or because its scared. I thought I saw in the second video that the blue tang touched it but it was hard to see. I'm so intrigued!

Kept searching the toxin it has is bonellin and it is a biocides which means it has the ability to paralyze small animals and the male lives inside the females reproductive tract
You may have found the answer to something I have been asking myself for quite awhile. One morning I found my 2 blue tail damsels dead when they were both vibrant the night before. Thanks for such precious information. I also wanted to say thank you so much to Faye for identifying this creature. It is definitely a Spoon Worm. It seldom comes out and would quickly shrink once it senses someone is watching.

Do I win anything? Trip to Hawaii? Lol. It's no problem. I'm a nerd so I enjoy reading. I was super excited when I saw that worm pic! Hopefully it won't kill anymore of your fish.

I was trying to find out exactly how they eat because it looks like it just stretches its arms out and touches things like me when the power goes out. Lol. Can't tell if it retracts to bring food to its mouth or because its scared. I thought I saw in the second video that the blue tang touched it but it was hard to see. I'm so intrigued!

The mouth is at the tip of each of those 2 arms forming a Y. They produce some kind of mucos to collect any minute food in water or they clean up the substrate. I am finding them useful inspite of the risk of small fish gets stung by it poisonous saliva. I do believe this is what it really looks like and it is commonly known as Green Spoonworm.

Attachments

• xxx-spoonworm-600x450.jpg
    xxx-spoonworm-600x450.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Having nothing better to do on my birthday at 3am, I started searching for your alien. I think it's a spoon worm. Most pics on google look like a fat worm thing but once it extends its arms it looks like what you have. It says they can live in crevices of rocks and feed with their arms. Here's one if the pics. They come in different colors.

Lol this thing loks like a mini Gumby teeheeheee

Back
Top Bottom