marine betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool fish, but probably not a great reef candidate if that's what you're looking for. It seems the marine betta will eat any fish and invert that it can fit in its mouth, although it is reportedly coral safe.

I have a feeling they are somewhat hard to keep. I just think they look pretty that's all. XD

Expensive to boot lol. Sorry, but i would never pay 100 for a fish. Not in this world at least lol.

Yeah same goes here. 50$ at the most for fish. And i wouldnt go above that price for coral either. Dunno. Not only i have my own place, i wont be moving for a LONG time, and i have a steady job lol. Even then i wouldnt spend over 50$ on a fish. But i would definitely buy some expensive corals. IMO, corals are worth wayyy more than fish. Live longer with the right water conditions.. plus they look nice lol.

We've spent a good deal more than that on both individual fish and individual corals. Sometimes something so killer comes along that we just can't help ourselves! LOL.

For the record, we can find marine bettas locally for about $70 (and wouldn't have to pay shipping, obviously). Sometimes LA doesn't have the greatest prices IMO.

True. Idk, but the my junky lfs has marine fish for pretty cheap. The regular clownfish that everyone buys is usually like what.. 16$ online? Plus shipping? Well at this lfs they were 10$ each. So ya.. They also had a REALLY small six-line there for 15$. Oh! And they had the smallest and cutest humu trigger also for like 20$. It must have been 1/2". Cutest fish i ever seen. lol.

As size increases, price increases. I would expect a tiny humu humu to be no more than $20; same for a tiny sixline.

Cool. This six-line was extremely small though. and he was just chillin lying on the sand. He was about 1/4". They also had a bullet goby that was 3" at least. I wanted it SOO bad. It looked freakin awesome.

Well i would think they would last longer since they arent older.. also, they may not have had the time to get parasites or something like one that is older would have.

They are fairly easy to keep ime and downright gorgeous. They do have an interesting behavior of imitating moray eels by hiding in a crevice with its lower lower body exposed. As long as its tankmates aren't under 1"-2" it tends to leave them alone (keep this beauty well fed). I would purchase one that is at least 3" and make sure you qt (expect all fish to at least carry ich).

I'm not so sure why they are so pricey right now, but their wholesale price is under $30.

Well i would think they would last longer since they arent older.. also, they may not have had the time to get parasites or something like one that is older would have.

im not sure, but being younger, wouldnt they be more suspect to getting diseases? i dont know im not sure so dont take my word on the subject, but it sorta makes sense i think.

haha i can get marine bettas for 30 dollars. HA! BEAT THAT! not to brag or anything... ;)

marine betta are very nice but if you buy it dont expect to see it much only when its feed time but they dont bother corals or inverts.

Back
Top Bottom