Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-28-2004, 08:43 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Marine Betta

I am just starting to populate my 75G FOWLR aggressive tank. I have a snowflake eel in there currently, along with a firefish. The firefish is going to the LFS when I put another fish in there that might threaten him. Anyway, my LFS had a great looking Marine Betta in one of their tanks. Does anyone have any experience with these? The other fish I want to put in this tank are a Picasso trigger, Valenti puffer, and possibly one other fish (maybe a second trigger or a wrasse of some sort?). Is this Betta compatible with the others? TIA

tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 11:27 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie
As long as he is similar in size, will do fine. Does hide alot. In the grouper family.

vinalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 07:14 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
I have had one for almost 2 years now. He is rarely seen, is quite unargumentative and has given me no trouble whatsoever. It seems to be a very
hardy species and an easy keeper....but as vinalman pointed out, they do hide alot. I usually only get to see mine when feeding.
Hara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 08:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
They do have large fins which may be atractive to the puffer or trigger...... Just a thought. A 2nd trigger with a Picasso may not work out a wresse would be fine. I have a Toby puffer and they are cool little fish....
9/02-125 REEF, 125 lbs LR,LS 4x160 VHO, Reef Devil /Sump, Fuge
7/03-55 FOWLR 60lb LR, 50 lb SD sand 2x40 NO strip light, Reef Devil/sump, Fuge

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote

betta, marine

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com