Marine books

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True. I agree with the others. It's just hard to find everything if you don't know what you're looking for or what information you're missing.

Agreed with Obscure. Having a book can be very helpful because it covers EVERYTHING. Get a cheap book to cover all the basics. Then when you want more detail for specific equipment, fish, coral, lighting, etc. turn to the internet.
I got A complete idiot's guide to saltwater aquariums. Not a bad book. Was more than enough to get me started.

+1 to that! The complete idiots guide had more then enough info to get me started. Once I cycled and wanted to start adding livestock I turned to google. :)

I have 2 books, both in a series. One is Marine Fish and the other Invertebrates. They are basically guides to individual species and I do reference them still today.

I do understand that the internet can have more up to date information. I search often, however I'm a hard copy kind of person. I like being able to sit down in my recliner and read about something for a bit. When researching something new to me, I have a tendancy to suffer from information overload. Its nice to just have a single source to start with, and then expand from there.

On that note, is there any other recommendations besides the two previously mentioned?

Back
Top Bottom