Marine fish for 2500 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteAngel

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello

A friend of mine has taken over his father's 2500 gallon tank.

He wants it as a marine tank

Any idea for marine fish that would be able to live together in this tank???

2500 gallon tank

That's one hell of a tank, lol, maybe he should call seaworld.

Tell your friends pop to sign up, we'd be glad to help him, but it usually doesn't work to well giving advice to a 3rd person, IME.

Hm. Well for such a large tank you could do a few full size angels, a nice school of tangs and so many other potental fish.

Well, I'm am very partial to sharks. Maybe have him check some out. Here...wetwebmedia.com. have him read the FAQs. In a 2500 he could keep a epaulatte, bamboo, or a horn shark. He could keep 2 sharks. Tell him that the horn can't be mixed with any others though, it's a coldwater one.

If he doesn't want sharks, well i'm partial to emperor angels. He could get a bunch of those and a huge school of green or golden chromis. Have him look at photos, like liveaquaria.com. He better be rich, that is a **** load of salt to buy!

He has gone away to Flordia for four weeks.

Sounds like he has plenty of time to do some research, cause while he is away from the tank....he can't be setting it up. I'm not trying to discourage, but it really is difficult to advise through a third person.

How about an Orca!

Just kidding. That has to be the biggest tank I have ever heard of anyone owning. We are gonna want to see some pics! :mrgreen:

Sharks are only a good choice if the tank is more round than square and also more shallow than deep.

Holy POOP 8O That is amazing.. What are the demensions of a tank that size? If he dosen't want I would be happy to volunteer my home to the tank lol. I mean you could literally swim with the fishes... Makes my dream 225 seem a bit small. But you sure would need one big magna float to clean that puppy.

Hmmmm 7 bucks a pound for Live Rock and lets say uhhhh 1.5 lbs per gallon so thats about 4000lbs... hmmm $28000 but hey if you have a 2500 gallon tank the cost of the LR is probably not an issue lol

Doan

I can't imagine a tank this size would use LR as the main type of filtration. It would seem that a wet/dry would be prudent in this case...

Strap on the tanks, lets go diving...wow!! :wink:
Great project, hope has has a lot of time!
Please do post picks when it is up!!!!

If I had a 2500 gallon tank I would get myself a 1000 gallon fuge to go underneath and run it as the only filtration aside from a skimmer the size of my toolshed. But thats just me.

ahh had to edit the post. I would still go with at least one ton of live rock as well.

you have to have a huge school of green or blue chromi to set it off! what are the tank dimensions?

I haven't seen this tank myself, since I usually meet my friend outside his house.

Anyways, I believe it is something quite similar to 3' tall, by 6' wide, and about 18 - 22' long.

So it is pretty big.

Marine fish lists, for BIG tank

If you want to comment about the tank's size, go to the post below about "marine fish for a 2500 gallon tank". Thanks.

The tank is 2500 gallons

It is something quite similar to 3' tall, by 6' wide, and about 18 - 22' long.

Marine fish lists anyone?

id go with sharks :) and then have a people mover built right thru it !!! lol
dont take this to wrong but here it goes
no seriously this question is quite unrealistic
im happy that some one either has the room for such a tank but to ask such a question either ya looking for attention or your very lonely or are dreaming about such a tank !! imo the sky is the limit here and common sense will help ya pick out a good selection of animals !!

wow filling that is going to drain all the water in the city. and the weight on tht sob omg that has top be on a ground floor.

I am VERY insulted by such a comment.

I am asking for people's help because no doubt they keep such fish and have personal experiences

Try private messages next time.

Back
Top Bottom