Marine food suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saberry

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm still a few weeks away from adding any fish, but I thought I might go ahead and start getting a few of the essentials in terms of foods.

I'm sure the lfs will have all kinds of feeding suggestions, but I wanted to get an idea of some of the foods that are more or less staples.

I know different fish have different diets, but what are some of the foods that are usually common among different species.

Flake, seaweed, pellets??? If there is a particular brand that I should look for please specify as well.

I use a mix of frozen Formula one and two (herbivore diet)from ocean nutrition. And suppliment my tang with some dried seaweed. I would stay away from plain brine shrimp, as they have little nutritional value.

I use Blender Mush !
Everyone is happy in the tank...
I also add since I have corals into the mush a few squirts of coral and invert food...

Has anyone ever tried pouring the mush into a small ice cube tray? If it works, it seems like that would also be an easy way to portion out the mush. Of course if I do this, I'll have to keep it out in the freezer in the garage. I don't think my wife would appreciate frozen blender mush in her freezer. :lol:

Any preference of brands: Ocean Nutrition or Omega One?

Theese seem to be two of the least processed food brands available. Do any of the AA sponsors carry either of these?

Edit: Nevermind, Premium Aquatics has both of these.

OK, I think I covered all the bases - at least to make sure I have a variety of food to try to get me started.

Julian Sprung Red Weed
Spectrum Marine Pellet
Formula Two Flake
Omega One Super Kelp Flake 1 oz

This should make for some good blender mush additives too.

Back
Top Bottom