Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurereef View Post
Macroalgae can be really gorgeous, especially the red imo. The dragon's breath is my favorite, but I have yet to buy some. I really like the Eucheuma Spinosum (red) portieria sp. (more orangish) and the red grape. I have a lot of different types and the marine plants that require calcium (like the H. Opuntia & C. Barbata) aren't as hardy in my experiences. Any type of caulerpa can take over fast so be aware. I got all my plants at live-plants.com. They have great portions for the price. Much cheaper than anywhere else I've found.
I really really like your aqua scape. I have a new tank and I want to make mine look similar to this. If you don't mind me asking, about how much did you spend on all of these plants algaes etc? My parents are getting me a bunch of stuff for Christmas. And will it be alright if I save this picture?

Old 08-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl1234 View Post

I really really like your aqua scape. I have a new tank and I want to make mine look similar to this. If you don't mind me asking, about how much did you spend on all of these plants algaes etc? My parents are getting me a bunch of stuff for Christmas. And will it be alright if I save this picture?
Oh thanks. It's always a pleasure to hear that I inspired someone. I got 9 macroalgaes, branching coralline, purple ribbon gorgonian, 20 ceriths & 15 nerite snails + shipping for $128. I wanted more, but I'm glad I didn't since its hard to fit it all. It's fine if you save the picture. I have more in my build thread.
(Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread).

- Winston Churchill
obscurereef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscurereef View Post

Oh thanks. It's always a pleasure to hear that I inspired someone. I got 9 macroalgaes, branching coralline, purple ribbon gorgonian, 20 ceriths & 15 nerite snails + shipping for $128. I wanted more, but I'm glad I didn't since its hard to fit it all. It's fine if you save the picture. I have more in my build thread.
(Sorry I don't mean to hijack this thread).
Thanks, I will check the thread out if I can find it lol.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com